BOTOX® for OAB
Overactive Bladder (OAB) is a condition where the bladder contracts uncontrollably, creating leakage, the strong sudden need to “go right away”, and going too often.
OAB is not a “weak” bladder. In fact, OAB occurs when nerves are affected. These nerves send signals to your bladder at the wrong time, causing the muscle to squeeze without warning. This process causes your bladder to spasm uncontrollably, creating leakage, the strong sudden need to “go,” and going too often.
Does this sound like you?
You may still be experiencing leakage despite taking OAB medication and coping by:
- Using multiple leakage pads per day
- Planning all your travel around bathrooms
- Not doing things you like because of the fear of leakage
- Worrying about the problem every day
BOTOX® is different from other treatments
BOTOX® is placed in the bladder muscle about every 6 months to target the source of your OAB
- In your body, certain chemicals travel from nerve cells to muscle cells to make your bladder contract so that you can urinate
- For people who have OAB, these muscles contract uncontrollably, creating leakage, the strong sudden need to go, and going too often
- BOTOX® is placed directly in the bladder muscle, where it helps block the nerve signals that trigger OAB
Have questions about BOTOX® for Overactive Bladder? We have answers.
Surgical and non-surgical solutions to correct structural changes in the female anatomy when things quite literally fall apart. Surgical ProceduresThere will be times when you are faced with needing a surgical procedure. Not to worry. Dr. Plucknett is...
Simple laser technology to improve your gynecological health. Mona Lisa TouchDr. Barbara Plucknett and her staff have acquired a leading edge treatment to resolve gynecologic health issues often caused by menopause. The MonaLisa Touch, is a fractional CO2 laser...
Diagnostic testing is sometimes necessary to help define the treatment plan. TestingWe believe in the value of science and good diagnostic testing to know we are on the right track when it comes to your health. To this end we offer a range of convenient in office...